Monday, August 16, 2010

Insomnia Express

SIGH...I can't sleep. Big surprise. Problem is this is the 4th night in a row and my brain is screaming that it wants to sleep, but like a toddler...it just won't give in. My body isn't cooperating any better. I lay there & I can feel the darned sheet brush against my skin, which used to be such a nice feeling. You know...nice crisp, cool sheets, that perfect cool spot on the pillow? Now they're just irritants, they feel like sandpaper every night. I've tried every fabric known to man & they're all the same.

So, I got up & stormed downstairs, pissed at the world after torturing myself for 3 1/2 hours. I was so pissed that I cleaned most of my kitchen & cleaned out my fridge while I was at it. I'm soooo gonna regret that one in the morning LOL. Meanwhile, my poor dog is looking at me like he's afraid his mommy has finally lost her last marble and he keeps peeking surreptitiously around the room as if pink penguins are gonna come and steal his little stub of a tail any minute now. ;o)

Well...my cleaning fit finally wound down & I made my self a glass of iced tea to try to calm myself down. Eventually, I'll just "shut down". My brain & body will literally almost turn off & I'll probably sleep for a whole day. Strangely enough, that's usually not really restful. Most of the time, when that happens, I wake up groggy & feel like someone doped me.

I guess I'll sign off now, not much more to say before I get REALLY melancholy, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment