Saturday, December 18, 2010

Freezing Fibro

OK, enough of the below freezing temperatures!!!  We had a dusting of snow, here in CT, over a week ago and it's STILL on the ground.  I don't think I have been able to feel my toes for a week LOL!  Enough already!!!  The cold weather really is no friend to those of us who suffer from Fibro.  Everything aches, hurts, stiffens up & even burns.  UGH x 10!!

Well, anyway...I finally got the last of my Christmas shopping done yesterday (WHEW!) and everything is wrapped & ready to go.  I'm paying for it today, though.  I'm having the worst time trying to muster up even a minuscule amount of Christmas spirit this year.  I think, if it was just me, I would ignore it and let Christmas quietly pass on by; but that wouldn't be fair to my son and the rest of my family.  *SIGH* so we'll just act "as-if" for now.

We did (finally) put up a Christmas tree...if you can call it that.  I wasn't up to assembling & decorating the big tree this year so I bought this little tabletop real tree.  OMG!  It's the saddest, ugliest thing I've ever seen *giggles* and it lists ever so slightly to the right.  Harley & I decorated it and decided that we'd deal with it for 1 year.  It was looking so sad & fugly yesterday, so we thought maybe some tinsel would help...NOT!  Now it looks like it's growing hair!  It looks like a shiny Cousin It!!!  The tree has become a huge source of giggles & jokes, though so I think it's worth having, quite possibly the ugliest tree I've ever seen. ;o)

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

Here's a pic of the tree pre-tinsel...

No comments:

Post a Comment